INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Pie Crust – refrigerated, frozen or homemade
- Strawberry jello
- Whipped cream
That sounds super easy right? Well it’s because it is. We like to use a frozen or refrigerated pie crust because it makes things just a little more simple around here, but you can absolutely make your own for this recipe.
Strawberry Pie is such a fresh and delicious dessert that we make it literally like once a month in the Spring and Summertime. Now it really doesn’t have to be seasonal, because I wholeheartedly thing nothing needs to be seasoning.
I love to grill in the winter, being from Minnesota it’s kinda hard to use a grill in knee deep snow, so we invested in an indoor smokeless grill that works wonders.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY PIE:
- Bake pie crust according to package directions, remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile in large saucepan add sugar and water and heat over medium heat, slowly whisk in your cornstarch to incorporate well to make sure you don’t have any lumps.
- Stir continuously for about 4-5 minutes until the mixture thickens and turns a little clear.
- Remove from heat and whisk in your strawberry jello until completely dissolved, let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled add in your strawberries and toss to coat evenly then pour into prepared pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator to set for about 2-3 hours.
- Dollop with whipped cream if desired.